We are an equity ecosystem that connects companies with a positive social and/or environmental impact with investors who want to become partners in the company and help them on their journey.
Therefore, we have a double objective: on the one hand, we help finance projects of young companies with a positive social and environmental impact. On the other hand, we want to promote the culture of Impact Investment in society.
With a community of more than 10,000 people, to date we have helped over 25 positive impact startups with +11 million euros in funding, in sectors such as EdTech, AgTech, Energy, Climate, CleanTech, and sustainability among others.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver positive impact. We’re actively seeking a Venture Analyst Intern to champion the Bolsa Social business model and drive growth in Spain and Portugal. An ideal candidate has a passion for Impact startups working within the EdTech, AgTech, Energy, Climate, CleanTech, and sustainability among others, is eager to understand how startups scale, and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and startup portfolio.
The Venture Analyst Intern role is a key entry-level position on the Equity Investment Team. Analysts support Associates and are responsible for sourcing relevant startups and supporting deal teams on new investment opportunities.
How you will make a difference:
Sourcing New Startups
- Source positive impact vertical-agnostic opportunities for investment.
- Attend calls or meetings with relevant companies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local VCs, BAs, universities, corporations, etc.
- Actively network with startup founders at industry events and conferences.
- Working closely to support the Investment Team on the full lifecycle of the decision making process: conducting diligence, making investment recommendations, and helping the portfolio companies to grow.
- Develop investment thesis regarding emerging trends and frontiers within Impact Investing through deep research and market mapping.
- Bachelor ‘s degree. Having an advanced degree is also a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots, and analysis).
- Proficiency in English & Spanish
- Motivation: strong enthusiasm about VC/Tech, strong interest in Sustainability and Impact Investing.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively.
- Well-rounded, with strong communication/interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Curious, motivated and enthusiastic, self-starter and autonomous, confident with gravitas, strong values.
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives.
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action.
- Strong desire to learn continually and grow professionally, driven to master the products they’re supporting/offering.
What we offer?
- Be at the forefront of innovation and get access to groundbreaking technologies.
- Be part of a dynamic and open-minded team.
- Get access to and communicate with financial executives, startups, and investors.
- Work in a vibrant and unique working environment.
- Contribute and realize your own ideas and have room for self-development.
- Bolsa Social’s attendance policy: 3 days at the office, 2 days at home.
If you’ve come this far it’s because we’ve managed to get your attention 😉
Sign up for the offer and our Team will take a look at your resume. If it matches with what we are looking for, you will receive a call so that we can tell you more about Bolsa Social and this role.
Our recruitment processes usually have around two or three interviews, and it is possible that at some point we will want to see you in action and propose you a technical challenge.
If you need a tip for the process: we simply want you to be yourself.
Will you join us?
Send CV, motivation letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org